Welcome REA Members!

Members Together Move Education

Flexible Spending Account

In accordance with the 2011 Pension and Health Benefit Reforms Act (P.L. 2011 c.78), the law requires the Board of Education to establish a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for expenses incurred by school employees for medical, dental, vision and prescription costs not covered by a health benefits plan.  The FSA allows an employee to set aside a portion of their earnings through voluntary payroll deductions to a maximum of $2,500 for qualified expenses on an annual basis.  The money deducted from an employee’s pay into a FSA would not be subject to payroll taxes.  The law also permits us to offer a Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account for certain expenses used to care for dependents who live with an employee while the employee is at work.  The maximum that can be deducted for this coverage is $5,000 annually.  The deduction is not subject to payroll taxes.

Both plans are voluntary and employees have the option of signing up or not.

Maintenance, Custodians, Secretaries, Safety Officers and Paraprofessionals may also attend.  Only employees who are considered full time and receiving Health Benefits are eligible to participate.

In order to participate, you must fill out the form each year and submit it before June 1. Click here for the form: Flexible Spending Account Enrollment Form. For more information, contact Susan Woodrow in Central Office.